Article: Gugudan Mina "My extreme dieting lowered my immunity levels"
Source: 10asia via Nate
1. [+203, -12] People are always like "you don't have to diet" or "you look fine" but when Mina was on 'Produce 101', people gave her a lot of crap and hate about her shoulders and told her to lose weight. Do you think she cares about your kind words when she's hearing that stuff? ㅠㅠ Even when Seolhyun was over 50 kg, people claimed to like her honey thighs then but it wasn't until after she lost weight that she gained more popularity. In an industry with a ton of pretty girls, reality is that they have to try to be prettier no matter what.
2. [+190, -18] So sad to hear about the diets that girl group members go through. It's because people are of the opinion that idols must = thin = pretty that they're put on such strict diets.
3. [+12, -4] Their job is to diet while the rest of us have to work
4. [+9, -5] We have to change this wrong standard of beauty. We're past the generation where being thin and skinny automatically means you're pretty. We have to stop promoting starvation and start emphasizing the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
5. [+6, -5] Well they make hundreds of thousands for just doing these diets so
6. [+6, -0] She was pretty on 'Produce 101' but I did think that her comments sections would be a mess over her arms... Especially since she's next to so many other trainees who are skinny to the extreme.
7. [+6, -1] Health should always be prioritized over money though... ㅠㅠ
8. [+5, -0] Female celebrities do go through really bad diets but... it's just the nature of their job. Bodies that we think are too skinny are the ones that look prettiest on the screen...
9. [+4, -2] Idols, please take care of your health when you diet ㅠㅠ