Journalist clarifies rumors regarding IU's facial surgery


Article: IU's facial contour surgery rumors "A false report of a dermatology consultation"

Source: Star News via Nate

Journalist, "IU has a sharp jaw and youthful looks and was once involved in rumors that claimed she got facial contouring surgery because of a past photo she took at a clinic known for that surgery. After checking the facts, it was found that she was there for a dermatology consultation, and people had just assumed she was there for surgery because that's what the hospital was famous for."

-

1. [+1,425, -193] But I can see why people suspect she got facial surgery done when you see her past videos with her JYP audition or her 'Lost Child' days. The entire structuring of her face has completely changed to just blame simply on weight loss.

2. [+1,363, -193] Either way, she still got work done

3. [+134, -26] I don't think she got contouring surgery but she did shave off her jaw and shave down her cheekbones ㅋ

4. [+124, -17] I remember in an old interview she said her angular jaw was her complex, and now all of that is gone... Normally when people lose weight, their jaw line becomes more pronounced.

5. [+96, -15] Anyone who looks up her 'Lost Child' days will know that she is not exactly natural. Even if you're not a celebrity, everyone gets botox or lifting procedures and dermatology treatments and circle lens and all these days. I don't think I've ever seen anyone born naturally pretty other than Kim Tae Hee.

6. [+44, -12] But doesn't weight loss normally bring out your bone structure? When I lost weight, I thought that my face would get smaller but... all that happened was that I lost the fat in my face which brought out all the negative features of my bone structure. People who have pretty facial structures look good whether they have fat on it or not.

7. [+40, -3] I don't know about contouring but she definitely shaved down her cheekbones. 100% I'm sure of it, especially if you check her JYP audition video. The entire structure of her face is different compared to her debut.

8. [+38, -4] She revamped her entire face if you check her past photos ㅋ

9. [+32, -54] She's so totally pretty though. I went to her 'Sketchbook' recording and almost fainted at how pretty she is ㅋ

10. [+31, -15] But it is true that she did fix things little by little ㅎㅎ

-