Article: "Korea ranked 23rd in the world for foreign tourist visits"
Source: Yonhap News via Naver
1. [+243, -11] Korea has a long way to go in terms of tourism when taxis are still ripping foreigners off... We have to manage our landmarks better so that we have something Korean to show but there aren't any cultural places left -_-;;;; The few that we do have are either set on fire by crazies or taken down to make room for new buildings
2. [+197, -10] I heard that there are a lot of South East Asians who visit Korea thinking it will look like the dramas and leave disappointed because there's nothing much to see...
3. [+158, -44] You all should be loving Korea instead of complaining about there being nothing to see. Why would there be nothing to see? I recently visited North America and there was nothing special about it other than the Niagara Falls. You could see most of their sights right here in Korea and there are some aspects that Korea is better in as well. Love Korea.
4. [+119, -5] I don't think Korea's a country that foreigners would feel attracted to... There's nothing traditional or cultural left except for high rise buildings. Insa-dong stores rip you off, taxis rip you off ㅡ.ㅡㅋㅋ
5. [+88, -2] Korea looks the same wherever you go. Each city is identical. Whether big or small, you see the same Starbucks, CGV, Dunkin Donuts, UNIQLO, Giordano stores. Gangnam Station is also just filled with store brands you can find anywhere else in the world.
6. [+84, -13] I think foreigners arrive in Korea feeling hopeful and leave feeling disappointed
7. [+78, -15] Well you have to realize that more than 70% of the Chinese tourists are K-Pop fans are just visiting to either meet the idols or buy their merchandise... They're not here to see anything traditional or cultural about Korea.
8. [+67, -8] Nothing to see or do in Seoul. Shopping wise, Hong Kong and Tokyo is better and there aren't many landmarks left either. I think it'd be better to just focus and invest in one city with traditional Korean aspects and make it easier for tourists with transportation, etc.